Summer Camp FAQs
+ Camp Dates/Time
- Our 2018 Summer Camp will operate June 11 - July 20th
- Hours of operation are Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. Early (7:00 a.m.) Check In is available for an additional cost - see below.
+ Camp Location
Camp will be located at Avondale Meadows Academy (3980 Meadows Drive)
+ Age/Grade Levels
The camp is open to children age 5 - 14, who will enter grades K - 8th (2018/19 school year). * UPDATE: Waitlist only for our class for 6th - 8th graders.
+ Instructor:child ratio
For most activities, the ratio is 1:15, and campers are grouped by grade levels: K-1st, 2nd - 3rd, 4th - 5th, 6th - 8th.
- Registration Fee: $40.00; $5 discount for each additional child.
- Weekly Camp Fee: $75.00 per child.
- Early (7:00 a.m.) Check In: $10.00 per week.
- Late Payments: payments are due do no later than 5:00 p.mn. on the corresponding session due dates. Any payments received after the deadline will be considered late and accounts will accrue a $25.00 late fee.
- We are unable to accept CCDF payments
+ Sample Daily Schedule (excluding field trip day)
- 7:00 a.m. - 8:20 a.m. Independent Play
- 8:30 a.m. - 8:50 a.m. Morning Assembly
- 8:50 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. Small Group Activities, Snack/Recreation Break
- 11:35 a.m. - 12:50 p.m. Lunch and Recess
- 1:00 p.m. - 3:05 p.m. Large Group Activities
- 3:10 p.m. - 3:40 p.m. Snack, Afternoon Closing
- 3:45 p.m. 5:20 p.m. Aftercare Group Activities
+ Late Pick Up
The camp day officially ends at 5:30 p.m. Late fees will be charged as follows: $20.00 beginning at 5:45 p.m.; $25.00 beginning at 6:00 p.m. Late fees must be paid in order for the camper to return to the program.
A mid morning and an afternoon snack will be provided. Make sure that your child(ren) has breakfast before arriving, and that we are aware of any food allergies. Campers will need to provide their own sack lunch with an ice pack. We are unable to refrigerate or microwave meals. On certain dates, we will provide a lunch as part of our culinary arts program. We will notify you in advance.
+ Medical Concerns
If your child is taking medication, we recommend that you administer it before they come to camp if possible. We will be responsible for one additional dosage during the day. You will need to complete a Medical Authorization Form for our staff to administer any medication. Please properly label medication with specific directions.
If your child has severe or life-threatening allergies (especially food), please be sure to include that information on their registration form.
+ Clothing/Personal Items
- Clothing: Light weight (t-shirts, shorts or jeans) play clothes. Please check the weather forecasts and dress your child(ren) appropriately. Mornings may be cool, so a light jacket or sweater may be needed. On field trip days, children will wear their camp t-shirt.
- Shoes: We strongly encourage wearing closed toe shoes (sneakers) especially on field trips. Flip flop shoes will not be allowed.
- Water Bottles: If your child would like to bring a water bottle, please make sure to label it with their name. We will take several water breaks throughout the day.
- Personal Items: Please do not allow your child(ren) to bring other personal recreational items or toys (cell phones, tablets/electronic games, stuffed animals). We cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Please label any clothing/backpacks with your child(ren)’s complete name.
+ Camper Departure
- No one will be allowed to pick up your child(ren) without written notification from the parent/guardian. In addition, the designated person must be at least 18 years old with valid (photo) identification.
- If you need to pick up your child(ren) early, please let us know in advance so that they will be ready at the designated time.
- Registration begins in March, and we do offer a flexible enrollment. Registration is limited and placement is our camp is on a first come, first serve basis. Once the sessions are filled, you will have the option to be placed on a wait list.
- Session fees or cancellation notice are due according to the corresponding due dates (see registration form).